Hp laptop will not boot

Solved/Closed
Ac - 6 Nov 2015 à 05:39
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday 17 January 2015 Status Contributor Last seen 30 September 2021 - 7 Nov 2015 à 03:37
Hello,

I've recently opened my hp laptop to add additional ram to it. It worked perfectly afterward, but when i re-opened it to show my friend how i did it, it wont turn back on after closing it up. I tried taking off the battery and holding down the power button for 45 sec and it worked at first. But when i turned it off it wont turn on afterwards. I re-tried the procedure but it didnt work this time. Help needed..
Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday 17 January 2015 Status Contributor Last seen 30 September 2021 149
6 Nov 2015 à 06:47
Hi Ac,

Try removing the new memory and reinstating the machine to its old configuration.

If that works, try reinstalling the new RAM. Hopefully you will have a working laptop again.

I hope you are using proper anti-static methods when delving inside your machine. Just handling the RAM wrongly can fry it and cause it to not work.
Thanks buddy!! I did that and my laptop is up and running again!!
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday 17 January 2015 Status Contributor Last seen 30 September 2021 149
7 Nov 2015 à 03:37
So glad you got it going again.