Western Digital hard Drive No Bootable Device Found

Closed
pambakain Posts 1 Registration date Saturday November 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 7, 2015 - Nov 7, 2015 at 11:25 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Nov 9, 2015 at 02:58 AM
I get an error that says No Bootable Device Found and the hard drive is not spinning Western Digital hard Drive
Please help
Can it be a plug wire? or bad drive it is from 2008.
I was moving my computer around to clean it. it is a Desk top all in one
Dell XRs
Pam
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 9, 2015 at 02:58 AM
Hi Pambakain,

I am sorry for any inconveniency caused by your WD drive. As you mentioned, it could be a falty cable or some kind of connectivity problem. I would recommend you to enter BIOS and check if the hard drive is recognized. If it is not, you should change cables and ports (if possible) and try again. Sadly, there is a chance that the hard drive has failed. If changing the cable does not solve it, disconnect the hard drive and put it another PC, as a secondary drive. Check if the drive is going to be recognized. If it is backup all important data. Download Data Lifeguard Diagnostic from the link below and do complete drive check.

http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=1TYDvX- Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows

Hope this helps