Computer Start Up Problems

Closed
David_S22 Posts 2 Registration date Friday November 13, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 13, 2015 - Nov 13, 2015 at 02:35 PM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 13, 2015 at 08:27 PM
Looking for some expert help regarding my computer.

I built my system myself, it consists of -

Intel I5-4690K
MSI Z97 Gaming Motherboard
MSI GeForce Twin Frozr GTX 760
2 x Corsair 4gb Vengeance ddr3 1600mhz
Corsair CX500m PSU

So yesterday my girlfriend spilled beer on my desk, she thinks some of it went in the top of the case. I wasn't home for a while to see the damage. When I did get home and opened the case I couldn't see any liquid inside. The computer was working fine until I got up this morning, the computer wasn't even getting to post. Quick whirl of the fans and then nothing.

So I read a little online about troubleshooting the problem like loose cables, resetting CMOS etc. I figured it would be my PSU that was the issue but thought I'd try removing the graphics card as that would have likely took the liquid first. After I removed it the computer powered on without issue.

So my question will it defiantly be my graphics card that is the problem or could it be the PSU?

Just so I know what I need to go purchase now.

Thanks

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Nov 13, 2015 at 05:06 PM
Hello,

what wattage is your PSU?

Then compare that to how many watts your components need.
David_S22 Posts 2 Registration date Friday November 13, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 13, 2015
Nov 13, 2015 at 06:36 PM
500 watts.

System has been running more than a year without any problems, so doubtful it is anything to do with wattage.
Blocked Profile
Nov 13, 2015 at 08:27 PM
You mentioned nothing about having it for a year so I assumed it was a new build. Try another graphics card.