Remove write protection in pendrive

Closed
YASHU - Nov 18, 2015 at 01:55 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Nov 18, 2015 at 05:33 AM
Hello,

Sir/Madam my pen-drive has been write protected and i want to disable it's write protection and pen-drive is of PRO-DOT COMPANY and of 8GB.

Related:

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Nov 18, 2015 at 05:33 AM
Hey there, YASHU.

I'd recommend that you try the pen drive with a different computer/device, to see if the same thing happens.
In order to try and remove the write protection, I'd suggest that you check if the USB flash drive has a small switch on it, which locks/unlocks the pen drive and try switching it, to see if that resolves the problem. If that doesn't help, you could try out this: https://ccm.net/faq/4214-how-to-disable-write-protection-on-a-usb-key If you still have no luck with your pen drive, you could try formatting it either via Disk Management or via one of the formatting tools, which some manufacturers offer for their devices (please note that formatting a storage device is data destructive and you'll lose all the files, which you might have on it).

Please let me know how everything goes. Good luck!
Boogieman_WD

WD Representative