CPU fan not spinning

Closed
Proph - Dec 6, 2015 at 11:41 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Dec 8, 2015 at 03:15 AM
Hello,

So last night I was playing gta v and everything was fine I turned my computer off got in shower and the came back and tried to turn my computer on and everything comes on (leds, all chassis fans, psu and graphics card) but my CPU fan doesn't spin I checked it in other headers and still nothing also there's a 00 on my motherboard but I plugged the CPU fan speratly and it works I'm so confused please help

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 8, 2015 at 03:15 AM
Hi Proph,

The fan is not spinning, but is the PC running? If it is, open BIOS and restore to its defaults. Check if there is a Smart Fan control. If there is, turn it off. There is a high chance that this is a power supply or a motherboard issue, since you have confirmed that the fan is working properly. Sometimes the PSU provides energy, but it is not enough to run the whole PC.

Hope this helps