Pen drive problem

Closed
Amit - Dec 10, 2015 at 09:59 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Dec 10, 2015 at 10:13 AM
Hello,

when i attach pen drive to my home pc it does not connected,but when same pen drive attach to my office pc it is connect n work properly. Other pen drive connect n work on my home pc.
once i uninstall my pen drive n then connect but it not working. pls suggest me what to do?
Related:

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Dec 10, 2015 at 10:13 AM
Hey there, Amit.

I'd recommend that you check if the flash drive is detected in Disk Management and check if it has a drive letter assigned to it. If it doesn't go ahead and assign it and the pen drive should show up in Windows Explorer (My Computer/This PC). Here's how to do that: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=XNt9Ho
If that doesn't seem to be the problem, I'd suggest that you try to reinstall, update, or roll back the driver of your Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller via Device Manager, to see if that fixes the issue.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD

WD Representative