Creating an order list from a sales sheet

Closed
Aytac - Dec 18, 2015 at 07:15 AM
 Aytaccemal - Dec 18, 2015 at 08:58 PM
Hello,

I am working of an excel sheet which is updated every time a sale is made. what i would like to do is have a list auto populated which would show all of the items and suppliers that we would need to make an order from? so for example

I have sold 3 x model kits from supplier A, 2 x boats from supplier B and 12 tool kits from supplier C. i would like this to be auto populated in a sheet everytime an order is made to help streamline our ordering process.

is this possible?

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Dec 18, 2015 at 10:54 AM
I thought you said the sheet is already auto updated.
Aytaccemal Posts 2 Registration date Friday December 18, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 18, 2015
Dec 18, 2015 at 11:16 AM
Hi rizvisa1,

we manually add each sale to an excel sheet. but what we want is to create a list on another tab which updates the items needed to be ordered. so the 1st tab would have all over our sales for the month but the 2nd tab would show the list of items which need to be ordered and not completed. we would currently set these items to show o/s on the 1st tab if that helps with what we want to create?
Blocked Profile
Dec 18, 2015 at 06:51 PM
So, you need a history lookup, or parts ordered specific to customer?
Aytaccemal Posts 2 Registration date Friday December 18, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 18, 2015
Dec 18, 2015 at 07:08 PM
HI Ac3mark,

well the sales sheet is a continuous list. so every time we get an order we add to it. if it is in stock we mark the line white. if it needs to be order then its blue and out standing

what i want is that everything that's outstanding to populate in another sheet putting the info we need to follow up on those order.

make sense?
Blocked Profile
Dec 18, 2015 at 08:41 PM
Well, make sense, yes and no.

What I mean by that is, how are these sales being entered: By electronic form, or manual entry into a spreadsheet?

So what qualifies a sale, and a marking of blue? When does this qualification take place?
Aytaccemal > Blocked Profile
Dec 18, 2015 at 08:58 PM
A sales is done by phone or email. But is manually entered on to the excel sheet. The whole row is marked blue until the product has been shipped to the customer.