Àsuz laptop complete failure?

Closed
arturieus Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday December 30, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 30, 2015 - Dec 30, 2015 at 01:14 PM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Dec 30, 2015 at 04:24 PM
Battery been needing renewing for some time, but took for granted, mains supply was OK, now when plugged in, green light dims, as if no power getting through? Battery now dead, as so laptop? Any help much appreciated. Considering new PC, but annoyed manufacturers may be taking advantage with software build-in's?
Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Dec 30, 2015 at 04:24 PM
Hi Arturieus,

How do you know your power supply is working?

If it were me I would try changing the power supply for a known working one of the correct voltage and Wattage.

Also, a failed battery can cause the system to try to charge the battery at the expence of supplying the system with power. Try removing the battery and running soley from the power supply.

I doubt that the manufaturer would add software to cause this issue - it would give them a bad reputation and they would soon go out of business.

Please let us know how you get on.