Not working the pendrive

Closed
avanish - Jan 6, 2016 at 07:49 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jan 6, 2016 at 08:44 AM
Hello,

for me its still not working.though i change the name of the drive,i m not able to change the volume name the error comes as volume label is invalid.also i've tried the above formatting tool,but it didnt work.please guide

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jan 6, 2016 at 08:44 AM
Hi Avanish

Are you trying to change the drive name through Disk Management? What happens when you right click the pendrive? Appears the error? I strongly recommend to confirm that the drive has a drive letter and a correct file format and to try the drive on another PC. If the drive is working properly, there should be no problem formatting it using only the Windows tool.
Sadly, it is highly possible that there is a problem with the pendrive. Sometimes this happens unexpectedly and can cause a lot of trouble. Repairing a damaged pendrive may be really hard, sometimes impossible.

Hope this helps