Strange issue on keyboards

Closed
Arirawng Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday February 3, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2016 - Feb 3, 2016 at 06:06 AM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Feb 5, 2016 at 11:01 AM
I have strange issue on my lenovo z370. The 'H' button is keep pressing and it make a disturbing sound on desktop. When i change it to notepad so i know what button that keep presing, it turns out the H button does. Than i re instal my OS using windows 7 and the button keeps doing that. The worst part is i even disconected the keyboard from the laptop, i unpluged the flexible wire and turns out it keep pressing the H button. Is anyone can help me with this problem?

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Feb 3, 2016 at 01:59 PM
It seems you have an issue with your keyboard, but Im a little confused here ... The Z370 is a Lenovo IdealPad laptop machine isnt it? If so, how did you unplug the keyboard? Was it an external keyboard you plugged in so you dont use the laptop keyboard? If so try lifting the "H" button on the laptop keyboard. It may be stuck in the down position.

Please let me know how you get on.
Arirawng Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday February 3, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2016
Feb 3, 2016 at 04:09 PM
Thank you for your answer brian
No i dont use the external keyboard. I mean the main keyboard, the keyboard that applied in the machine, you can re-assamble it right? I unplugged the cable that attach to it, like im changing it with the new one
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Feb 3, 2016 at 04:45 PM
That, unfortunately, is usually the best solution. I'm assuming you have taken the keyboard completely out? You can remove the keys and press them on again (as long as you know how - see YouTube perhaps). This can free the keys, but more often it is a keyboard issue and that will usually need a replacement. You have nothing to lose though - it might be worth a try - but I would advise against removing any of the mechanism that is under the key unless you are very confident in your dextrosity (is that even a word?).

However, if you have no keyboard attached now I am at a loss to see that the "H" key is still seeming to be pressed. If you havent tried it without the "built in" keyboard then you could try it with a USB keyboard attached - at least for the short term until you get a new laptop one.

Please make sure you get the right replacement keyboard. There should be a model number on the underside of the original so you can get the same.
Arirawng Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday February 3, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2016
Feb 4, 2016 at 12:16 AM
Yes brian, that is what bothering me. I have no attached keyboard, not an usb keyboard or original keyboard on the laptop but the H button keep pushing like "h..hhh....hhhh..h.h.h.hhh.hhhh"
I dont even know why and i dont know how to fix it
Feb 4, 2016 at 07:33 AM
So what happens when you turn off the laptop and then power it on? Could ther be dust or some foreigh object or fluid in the socket where you plug the ribbon into?
Arirawng Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday February 3, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2016 > BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021
Feb 5, 2016 at 12:24 AM
When i turn it on and go into the bios the H button keep presing because there is a sound "pip pip pip pip" repeated like keyboard pressing. Even in the first time that windows icon show up in the first time turning on the laptop.
No im pretty sure theres no dust or some liquid in the socket. Because i have clean it carefully.