-
Registration date
Thursday December 3, 2015
Status
Last seen
December 26, 2016
-
Good evening,

Yesterday my computer froze and had to shut it down a restart it. The only problem is that ever since, I have no sound what so ever on any browser (IE, FF, Chrome, Opera) and as you can imagine, it is extremely frustrating.

I've poked around to find any solution what so ever and none of them have worked.
-Videos are not muted neither are oline radios.
-I've checked in the volume mixer to see if the browser's sound was deactivated on it and it doesn't even show. All there is is speackers and system sounds and that is it.
-Another solution that I saw was to create a notepad file called missing.reg with some code in it and import it into regedit. I can't run notepad since that unfateful restart (which is a different problem) but I managed to bypass it by using word. However, I cannot import the file because missing.reg does not have a register file (my computer is in french so I might have the correct terms).
-In control panel>sounds I checked if it was allow sounds on the internet and it apparently does.

I've tried other solutions but to no success.

EDIT : I have also uninstalled and reinstalled adobe flash player which didn(t help either.

2 replies

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 27, 2020
Other than for your browsers if you get sound, I suggest you delete, download and reinstall your browsers.

If you don't get sound anywhere, I suggest you update reinstall your sound card driver.
Registration date
Thursday December 3, 2015
Status
Last seen
December 26, 2016
I think driver needs to update.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!