Hard drive not visible

Closed
Khatri - Feb 15, 2016 at 12:38 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Feb 15, 2016 at 03:24 AM
Hello,

i have WD elements which was working fine until i was copying large number of files to it. Certainly it stopped working and it doesn't even work in any other computers. Though, in setting "device" section it appears, it doesn't appear in my computer. in disk management section it asks me to install the driver but when i try to install it error message appears saying error occurred due to fatal error in hard drive.
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Feb 15, 2016 at 03:24 AM
Hi Khatri,

I am sorry for any inconveniency caused by your WD Elements. I strongly recommend you to check the device with another USB cable. Is the drive visible in Disk Management? If it appears in Device Manager, uninstall it, restart the PC and plug the drive back in. Please run Command Prompt and use the command chkdsk D: /f, where D must be the drive letter of your WD Elements. Please, let me know if there is any change.
In case you manage to access the drive and backup your information use Data Lifeguard Diagnostic to check the drive for problems. I leave you a download link:
http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=ZOuA2m

Hope this helps