PC display doesn't work at first boot, but 2nd or 3rd

Closed
Guigui - Feb 17, 2016 at 10:19 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 18, 2016 at 04:14 PM
Hello everybody ! :)

I didn't find a post describing a similar issue, so i decided to make my own.

First of all, i'm not english native, so i've tried to avoid mistakes as hard as i can, but there can be some left :/

So here is my issue:

Recently my PC has some issues after booting up, in fact my screen say " no signal " after the first boot and will work only after 1 or 2 restart.
I don't think the issue come from the boot process, because i can hear the little windows jingle every time.

So it must come from my CG, however i didn't do anything special with it, no overclocking, no recent update of my graphics drivers ( and they are up-to-date, as well as my bios )

More-over when i'm using my PC, it seems perfectly fine, no bug, no error messages.

I tried to un-plug/re-plug the vga after a successful boot and my screen seems to work fine.

Here are my specs :
Mother Board : msi h97m-g43
GPU : Sapphire HD 7850
CPU : i5-4460
Window 10
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Feb 17, 2016 at 04:41 PM
Hello

Is your native language French?

Is this a desktop or laptop? What is the make and model?

Does it do the same with another monitor?

I suggest you first take a look at your ram sticks to ensure they are clean and well seated. Do the same for your graphic card. Check your cable connection.

Let us know
Thanks for the answer and yes i'm french , good guess !
i have two monitors and none of them display anything.
It's a desktop PC that i put together myself

I will take a look at my ram and graphic card as soon as i can !
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170 > Guigui
Feb 18, 2016 at 04:14 PM
You can also post your question in French on
https://www.commentcamarche.net/