PDF attached to email won't open

Closed
KMurr53 - Feb 23, 2016 at 03:01 PM
ctree42 Posts 23 Registration date Wednesday January 13, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen June 1, 2017 - Feb 25, 2016 at 10:48 AM
Hello,
When I receive email with a PDF attachment, they do not have Adobe icon but do have the .pdf extension. If I try to open it, the Windows Media Center opens and the file is not accessible from there. I can only see it if I save it to Acrobat Reader. I am running Windows 7 with Outlook 2007 as my email on a Gateway laptop. Even computer techs at work are confused by this.

Related:

1 response

ctree42 Posts 23 Registration date Wednesday January 13, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen June 1, 2017
Feb 25, 2016 at 10:48 AM
The PDF's that you are receiving are getting corrupted through outlook. Theirs a few things you can try to receive a view-able PDF.

Have the person who is sending you the PDF to either a) send it to an email that is not associated with your Outlook b) zip up the PDF first c) provide you with a downloadable link to the zip file.

You can find a more elaborate guide here: https://newcomputerinquiry.com/attaching-pdf-outlook-gets-corrupted-solution/

Hope this helps.