My mp3 player wont work properly

Closed
Esme - Mar 2, 2016 at 05:35 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Mar 9, 2016 at 10:34 AM
Hello,
i plug in my mp3 player to my laptop and it says its charging fine but wont come up with the device on the laptop but i dont know why it was working great before
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Mar 9, 2016 at 10:34 AM
Hello Esme,

Be sure you have checked that the device works properly. Please, go in the Device Manager to see if it gets detected under Other devices or Disks, if you work with Windows. Also, try to restart the computer and enter the BIOS menu while it starts. The player should be shown under the USB ports if it is being recognized at a physical level. If you have the option, I would recommend you to connect it to different computers with different operating systems to see if it gets recognized there. If recognized, try to scan it with a manufacturer's tool designed to test the health status of the external storage devices. If your MP3 player is not recognized anywhere, it may has been damaged.

Hope I gave you some ideas. Cheers.