Laptop Beep

Closed
AG - Mar 2, 2016 at 11:38 AM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Mar 2, 2016 at 07:32 PM
Hello,

When my laptop is turned off , and not charging i hear some beep sound but its very quite
But if i plug my charger or turn on my laptop the beep is gone
any solution?

Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Mar 2, 2016 at 07:32 PM
Hi AG,

From the research I have done on this is that it could be that your machine is in sleep mode and the beeping is a result of the battery running low and the beeps are to warn you that the machine will power off and loose anything currently held in memory. One post I saw mentioned that the beeps can be turned off in Device manager, but I looked and couldnt find the settings at all.

If this is not the case and the machine is in a fully off mode, then perhaps you could remove the battery to stop the noise, but this wouldnt fix the issue unless (as reported in another post I saw) this IS the fix. the user reported this problem and said that this fixed the issue.

Another user suggested updating the BIOS - not a job for the feint hearted, but always worth doing! Just make sure you dont lose power during the upgrade or you could "brick " your machine.

Please let me know how you get on.