Won't read my camera memory card

Closed
maryanniewood Posts 1 Registration date Monday March 7, 2016 Status Member Last seen March 7, 2016 - Mar 7, 2016 at 12:29 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Mar 7, 2016 at 02:14 AM
any suggestions as to why my computer won't read my memory card? my husband is able to read it on his computer
Related:

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Mar 7, 2016 at 02:14 AM
Hey there, maryanniewood.

Have you checked if it's recognized in Disk Management? If it's recognized there, you might just need to assign it a new drive letter in order for it to appear in Windows Explorer (My Computer, This PC). Here's how to do that: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=J6RShZ
Another possible problem might be an issue with the card reader or its driver. So I'd recommend that you try reinstalling the card reader's driver or update it, to see if that fixes things up. You could also try a different memory card, to see if it's recognized properly by your computer.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how it goes.
Boogieman_WD