How to add Yahoo mail account into the Outlook 2016

Closed
davecrossus Posts 2 Registration date Monday February 22, 2016 Status Member Last seen March 8, 2016 - Mar 8, 2016 at 05:22 AM
captainashish Posts 20 Registration date Thursday May 12, 2016 Status Member Last seen November 28, 2016 - May 12, 2016 at 12:30 AM
I'm the yahoo user need to setup my yahoo account (deleted by moderator@yahoo.com) with Outlook 2016, so how to do this? please help me.
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,173
Mar 8, 2016 at 05:40 AM
Try the automatic configuration

Click on file

Right Window, click on add an account

Type the info and click okay If outlook finds your Yahoo, the account will be created.
captainashish Posts 20 Registration date Thursday May 12, 2016 Status Member Last seen November 28, 2016
May 12, 2016 at 12:30 AM
Hello,

It’s quite simple; you have to follow some basic steps: first you have to enable POP in your yahoo account.

To do so: Login into Yahoo account which you want to configure with Outlook >> click on configuration button at the top of the page then select mail option and enable POP.

Now, configure your yahoo account with MS Outlook.
Open “Microsoft Outlook” >> click on “File” tab >> “Add Account” button. A new window will pop up, select manually set up, click on “Next” button. Another window screen will appear Select POP or IMAP and click on “Next” button.

Now, start inputting the required details of Yahoo account in the blank field like email address, password, username, etc. (See below) >> Click on “More settings” >> click the Outgoing server tab and check “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box” and click “OK”. Go to “Advanced” tab and enter the port numbers. See below:

Basic account settings of Yahoo for MS Outlook:
Account Type: POP3
Incoming mail Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing mail Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Incoming Server Port: 995
Encryption Incoming Server: SSL
Outgoing Server Port: 465, 587 or 25
Encryption for Outgoing Server: SSL |TLS

Click on “OK” button and click “Next”.

Now, the Yahoo account will configure with Outlook.

For more info: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/outlook-sln15165.html

Best Regards
Captain Ashish