Autopopulating data from one main sheet to multiple sheets

Closed
Ams1105 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday March 12, 2016 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2016 - Mar 12, 2016 at 08:14 PM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Mar 12, 2016 at 09:14 PM
Hello,
I'm making a workbook for my coworkers to easily know what specific person they need to work with from month to month. I have created a "Master Sheet" to which they go in and copy data from. I have run into inconsistency and missed work. I need the data to automatically feed to their separate work sheets. For Example on the master sheet cells A3-A24 has the name of person my coworkers should be working with. Cells B3-B24 has the names of my coworkers assigned to the data in A3-A24. I would like the data from column A to transfer to my coworkers individual workbooks... does anyone have any suggestions on how I would go about this? I really appreciate it! Thank you!
Ashley

1 response

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Mar 12, 2016 at 09:14 PM
Hello Ashley,

I assume that you have one work book with a Master sheet and multiple other work sheets (named after each co-worker).

Try the following code in a standard module:-

Sub TransferData()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Dim lRow As Long
      Dim cell As Range
      Dim MySheet As String
lRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

For Each cell In Range("B3:B" & lRow)
      MySheet = cell.Value
      cell.Offset(, -1).Copy Sheets(MySheet).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Next cell

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

The code should transfer Column A data only to Column A (or do you need it sent to a different column?) of each individual worker sheet.

I hope that this helps.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.