Percentage conversion in excel

Closed
Babamau - Apr 25, 2016 at 04:32 AM
TrowaD Posts 2901 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen October 4, 2022 - May 2, 2016 at 11:13 AM
Hello,

Kindly assist me on How to find a formula for calculating a problem like this one below;
Cell A1 (Assignment 1Out of 20) Cell B1 (Assignment 2 out of 100) Cell C1 (Total Marks 40%)
19 88 (answer converted to 40%)
how do i find the formula that adds the 2 marks and convert the answer to 40%. I will be very grateful for your assistance.
Thank you
Related:

1 reply

TrowaD Posts 2901 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen October 4, 2022 525
Apr 26, 2016 at 11:46 AM
Hi Babamau,

How did you arrive at 40%?

Best regards,
Trowa
0
Thank you TrowaD for your response. Actually i need to convert class marks to a total of 100%. Now course work contributed 40% (that is from the 2 assignment) and 60% will be obtained from the final examination. So that is where the 40% is coming from.
Thank you again for your assistance
0
TrowaD Posts 2901 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen October 4, 2022 525
May 2, 2016 at 11:13 AM
Sorry Babamau, I stil don't understand.

When the fianl examination is always 60% then the other 2 assignments are always 40%. Then what needs to be calculated? Can you give an example of the calculation?

Or do you mean like this: =(19/20*100+88)/2*0.4 = 36.6 and then you add 'final exam score' * 0.6?

Best regards,
Trowa
0