PC won't boot up properly

Closed
Taylor - Apr 26, 2016 at 07:14 PM
 Blocked Profile - Apr 28, 2016 at 04:35 PM
Hello,

So I recently built my own PC and its been running fantastically for over a month, but now when ever it boots up, it will show me the beginning BIOS setup option, then it will show the windows logo with the processing wheel. However, after that, nothing will show up. It's not a black screen, my PC stops outputting altogether. Occasionally it will also freeze, after which I have to do a hard shut down. After rebooting it and going to BIOS, I can exit BIOS without changing anything. Then, it gives me the prompt of the PC doing an automatic repair. I will then be shown a blue screen, saying the PC could not be booted properly and gives me the ability to press either a restart button or an advanced options button. Pressing the restart button on that screen will then go through the process successfully and I can use my PC.

I have a GTX 970 Graphics Card, 32 GB Ram, 3TB HHD, 250 GB SSD (which is where my boot up occurs), and an ASUS Z97-A Motherboard.

I have tried safe boot and that doesn't affect anything. All current drivers have been downloaded. The is no "false" second monitor being registered, leaving this one with a blank screen. I have also reinstalled Windows 10 and reinstalled all the software with no luck. It also doesn't happen every time, just about every other time.

It all started when I moved some cables in my PC. I had unplugged a couple cables for fans and the hard drive in order to move them. HOWEVER I made absolutely sure to shut my PC down properly and unplug the power supply before I disconnected them. I only unplugged my HHD, not my SSD, so it shouldn't even affect the boot up process.

Thank you

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Apr 27, 2016 at 05:50 PM
It sounds like your RAM is possibly either mismatched, or not seated correctly. Remove power to the case and verify all of the connections are in place. Also, when you placed the CPU, what type of paste and how much did you use? What size of CPU fan do you have cooling the CPU?

Gong back to the RAM, what are the configurations? Have you verified the RAM clock to the motherboard? Check and make certain that the Mother board clock and RAM are compatible.
Checked it over and the RAM is seated properly. The cpu is the intel i7-4790K 8M Cache, 4.40 GHz. I have the standard fan and paste that came pre-applied. BIOS says my cpu is at 19°C, so it isnt overheating.

That RAM is have are 4x Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3. They are configured for the motherboard and register in BIOS as being fully operational.

Any other guesses? :\ my problem only occurs when i power it on, if im using it and leave it in sleep mode, its fine. Just the initial boot is a problem.
Blocked Profile
Apr 27, 2016 at 06:38 PM
HOw many times has it booted up in 10? I had the same problem for about the first 4 or 5 boots as everything gets applied. Make certain all of the updates are in and applied. Do not use the machine except for updating it the first couple of times.
Well i accidently wrote the wrong time, ive had it since early january. And its running on windows 10. Windows is cully updated as well
Blocked Profile
Apr 27, 2016 at 06:55 PM
How do you measure the heat out of bios? I just ran into the same problem, and until l got a BIGGER CPU fan, mine would lock up. what motherboard?
Blocked Profile
Apr 27, 2016 at 06:58 PM
Have you verified all components are windows 10 hardware?