Extract rows of data and paste to new worksheets based on locati

Closed
shawnpaul Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday May 4, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 4, 2016 - May 4, 2016 at 04:36 PM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - May 6, 2016 at 11:54 PM
Hello Fellow Excel Users:

Please help if you can. I have a difficult problem that I hope someone could please help me with. I have a worksheet of data and I would like to copy all rows in the worksheet to new worksheets based upon location.
To elaborate, I have a worksheet full of data listed by school campus location. I want to extract all the rows of data for each campus location. I have 20 different campus locations, and 53000 rows of data to sort. I also want to name the new worksheets with the campus name where the data is coming from.
Can anyone kindly help?
Thank you in advance for consideration of my request.

3 responses

Blocked Profile
May 4, 2016 at 04:50 PM
Welcome to CCM.NET. It seems you have an issue, but you have failed to let us in on the code you are stuck with.

Please understand, we cannot provide you with a turnkey solution. We are volunteers here to help others when they are stuck with something they are working on. In this case, you are asking us to provide you with code out right, with no effort on your part.

Please post some code and we can help. Once again, we cannot possibly provide you with a turn key solution, as just as soon as we spend our time to write something and post it here.....you will post back with more details of how the solution doesn't work because you really needed it to do this and THAT!
shawnpaul Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday May 4, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 4, 2016
May 4, 2016 at 05:01 PM
Hello ac3mark
Your reply has a lot of assumptions. This is my first post here and I did not understand the "rules".

Thank you for educating me on this
Next time I will do better
Blocked Profile > shawnpaul Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday May 4, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 4, 2016
May 4, 2016 at 09:04 PM
You are right shawnpaul...in order to provide a solution for you, I would have had to assume you wanted this function to happen whenever you pressed the "any" key!
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
May 4, 2016 at 06:33 PM
Hello Shawnpaul,

A good start would be to upload a sample of your work book so that we can properly assess your query.

Upload a sample to a free file sharing site such as DropBox, ge.tt or SpeedyShare and then post the link to your file back here. We only need a sample (15 - 20 rows of data will be plenty). Be careful with any sensitive data.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
May 6, 2016 at 11:54 PM
Hello Shawnpaul,

Following is a link to a test work book I created a couple of months ago for another Poster who had a similar query to yours:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wl33rmddnz9pcq5/Teke%282%29.xlsm?dl=0

See what you think and, if need be or if you would like to take it further, I could adjust it to suit your query.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.