Toshiba laptops from mid 2007 onwards dont have a recovery disc supplied with a purchase of a laptop. Instead, Toshiba has added a hidden partion on the hard drive which contains the same files on a recovery cd / dvd.
To reinstall your laptop to the factory settings / "out of the box" settings, please follow these steps. It worked for me, and should work for you.
ALL DATA WILL BE ERASED ON YOUR HARD DRIVE IF YOU PROCEED. YOU WILL NEED TO ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE THE POWER ADAPTER PLUGGED IN. DO NOT SWITCH OFF OR RESTART YOUR COMPUTER DURING THIS PROCESS.
1) Hold down the power button for 10 (ten) seconds to switch off your machine. Please note: Holding down the power button on the machine forces it to switch off. Any unsaved data will be lost.
2) Press and hold the 0 (zero) key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook.
3) When the machine Starts beeping; release the 0 key.
4) When prompted by the warning screen; select Yes to continue with the system recovery.
5) Select Recovery of Factory Default Software; click Next.
6) Select Recover to out-of-box state. Click Next again.
7) Click Next to Start recovery.
I hope you find this step by step solution helpful for you. If so, rate it up.
try these steps, hope they will help you:
1. Copy all your files and documents to an external storage device.
2. Shut down the computer.
3. Turn the PC back on and hit the F8 key repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Option Screen appears.
4. Click "Repair Your Computer" if you are not already on it and then press ENTER
5. choose your country and click OK
6. On the "System Recovery Options Screen" click "Restore Application" which is the last option.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions
8. When prompted, click on "Full Factory Recovery"
10. Click "Yes"
11. you will notice for a while it seems like nothing is happening, give it some time.
12. After some minutes, recovery will complete and you click "Finish"
ENABLE BOOT LOGGING
ENABLE VGA MODE
LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION
DISABLE AUTO RE START
SATAT WINDOWS NORMALLY
RETURN TO OS CHOICES MENU
But NO Repair your computer can you help me get my laptop running again also I have the product recovery disc but reluctant to use it as I will wipe the hard drive. is there anyway not to lose the data but get the laptop up and running again
ASIDE FROM LARRY'S EFFECTIVE TECHNIQUE ON HOW TO RESTORE TOSHIBA TO FACTORY DEFAULT SETTINGS, THIS IS ONE THING WORTH GIVING A TRY.
1)Save your files first to an external memory storage like a memory stick or whatever u may have, plug in your laptop to the ac outlet.then...
2)Shut down your computer, turn it on then immediately press "f8" repeatedly then u will see the option at the bottom of the screen "press f2 to log to boot manager" press it fast or else you'll have to repeat everything again
3)Then there is the option at the top "To access advanced boot option press "f8" ,press it.
3)Under "Advanced Boot Option",highlight the option"Repair Your Computer" and press enter. 3)System recovery option menu will show up, select country and keyboard layout then press next.
4)Then there is the option to log in as a local user so you can access recovery option,enter your password.
5)After that the "System Recovery Option" will be visible,just choose what action u like
a)Start up Repair
c)Windows PC Complete Restore
d)Windows Memory diagnostic tool
f)Toshiba Recovery Wizard.
Select "Toshiba|Recovery Wizard",then select the option that says "Restore to factory default out of box state."
6)There will be a warning that all files will be lost, dont worry just go on because all the files will be rewritten just like when u first bought it. Cheers
RESET TOSHIBA TO FACTORY SETTINGS WITH BUILT IN BACK UP FILES
1Save your files first to an external memory storage like a memory stick or whatever u may have, plug in your laptop to the ac outlet.then....
2)Shut down your computer turn it on. then immediately press f8 repeatedly until it brings you directly to "advanced boot option".If you see the Windows Logo like "Windows Vista", you need to turn off your computer again and repeat pressing f8 simultaneously until you see the "advanced boot option" menu
4)Under "advanced boot option", highlight the option "repair your computer" and press "enter".
5)System recovery option menu will show up, select country and keyboard layout then press next.
6Then there is the option to log in as a local user so you can access recovery option,enter your password.
7)After that the "system recovery option" will show up and show these options
a)start up repair
c)window pc complete restore
d)windows memory diagnostic tool
f) toshiba recovery wizard
8) Select "toshiba recovery wizard"
9) There will be a warning that "all files will be lost are you sure you want to continue?" Go on click whatever confirmation message u see.Al files wil be rewritten so there is nothing to worry .From there just go with the flow until recovery has finished.Your computer may restart automatically, thats normal. Hope u find this useful.Cheers