Don't have an access to my alternative e-mail

Closed
vvhitesnake Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday May 18, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 18, 2016 - May 18, 2016 at 11:09 AM
 Blocked Profile - May 19, 2016 at 06:21 PM
Dear sir/madam

Please help me recover my yahoo email account. I do not have the access to my alternative e-mail as yahoo is asking me to confirm it with a code that they are sending to my alternative recover e-mail. I do not have access to my alternative recovering e-mail because it has been given to me more then 10 years ago by my ISP. Also if I choose an option "I do not have an access to an alternative e-mail " it takes me back to the beginning of troubleshooting and solves nothing.

Please help me

Thank you in advance

Tom Sever
Related:

4 responses

Blocked Profile
May 18, 2016 at 07:32 PM
Hey, I am with you buddy!

Here is a cut on post from Wikipedia, for what it is worth:

"By the fourth quarter of 2013, the company's share price (NASDAQ: YHOO) had more than doubled since Marissa Mayer took over as president of July 2012; however, the share price peaked at about $35 in November 2013 at $35.[47] It did go up to $36.04 in the mid afternoon of December 2, 2015, perhaps on news that the board of directors was meeting to decide on the future of Mayer, whether to sell the struggling internet business[48] and whether to continue with the spinoff of its stake in China's Alibaba e-commerce site.[49] Not all has gone well during Mayer's tenure including the $1.1 billion acquisition of Tumblr that has yet to prove to be beneficial while the forays into original video content led to a $42 million write-down. Sydney Finkelstein, a professor at Dartmouth College's Tuck School of Business, told the Washington Post that sometimes, "the single best thing you can do ... is sell the company."[50] The closing price of Yahoo! Inc. on December 7, 2015 was $34.68.[51]"

I hear of plans to cut the workforce now to make up for the bleeding!

SO if they plan on cutting work force, do you think they want to give you access to your old info? I am just trying to see what your expectations were..because we do no have an in to any of these providers!
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 18, 2016 at 12:55 PM
vvhitesnake Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday May 18, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 18, 2016
May 18, 2016 at 05:53 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but I have already read this. And there is no way I can add an alternative email or a phone number, because I NEED TO BE LOOGED INTO MY YAHOO ACCOUNT TO DO THAT ! So the solutions here mentioned will not help. Any other suggestions ?

Thank you in advance

Tom Sever
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
May 18, 2016 at 06:02 PM
Hi

In the faq given by Xpcman did you read this:

E-mail providers take your account's privacy and security very seriously, and we'll only let you reclaim an account if you can prove you're the rightful owner.

When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address.

The Password Helper says my password can't be reset online - If you've tried using the Password Helper and weren't able to get access to your account, other recovery options may not be available. We know it can be frustrating to see the fail page, but in these rare cases, we recommend creating a new Yahoo account.
vvhitesnake Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday May 18, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 18, 2016
May 18, 2016 at 06:21 PM
Ok,

I know, I read, so it means there are no other ways? What about secret questions ? I am not being asked those only to put in a code from my alternative email which I haven't used and have not been a customer for 10 years, and I cannot access that email because it doesn't exist anymore, so how come yahoo.com is sending a code there ? There should be another way. And it's not about creating a new account, I need my information and e-mails that went there for activations of services. Without being able to access my yahoo.com I am losing out on money and services. Wish there was a proper ticket system or an online chat with yahoo.com staff so I could confirm that it's me the account holder so they could let me in. I know my yahoo ID and password, my yahoo e-mail is tomass_dc_rulz@yahoo.com
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168 > vvhitesnake Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday May 18, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 18, 2016
May 19, 2016 at 05:47 AM
You say that you know your ID and password, hence, there was never a problem.

You never registered a secret question so that's why you are not given the choice by the password helper.

You should have thought of changing your recovery alternate e-mail while you have the chance to do it.

Yahoo mail is a free service and the account recovery system never fails when users keep their info up-to-date.

If there were a chat system you would be no further ahead as you could not prove to be the legitimate owner as customer service could not ask you the secret question.
Blocked Profile
May 19, 2016 at 05:49 PM
I hear warren buffet might make a stab at Yahoo. Maybe we can lobby to outsource his email services! Jeff where are you?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168 > Blocked Profile
May 19, 2016 at 06:18 PM
Warren Buffet is 85 years old, with his life expectancy, what he may lose or gain with Yahoo, he may never conscious enough to know outcome on this earth.
Blocked Profile
May 19, 2016 at 06:21 PM
Yea, that is why WE lobby for services!
Blocked Profile
May 18, 2016 at 06:36 PM
So, let me get this straight:

You are trying to recover your account. You no longer have access to the email that you used for the yahoo account. You cannot log into your yahoo account to make any changes to the new emails and mobile devices you have in your life. These devices are what yahoo wants to use, but you have always pressed "remind me later" and never attached a mobile account, or updated your account information. This account is very important to you, therefore you take it into consideration when email or mobiles change?

If you don't have any methods of Yahoo to get to you, we cannot help you.

Please consider using this event as a learning tool, and understand how these devices are getting deeply inter-twined with our modern lives, and what it takes to be a part of the technology!
May 18, 2016 at 07:00 PM
Let me get something straight to you buddy. First off I know my ID, I know my password. Second of all yahoo.com is suppose to give me an alternative to confirm my identity through asking me the secret question. But they are not doing that, and that's their fault. For whatever reason I don't have an access to my alternate e-mail I already explained, and its not than I have been lazy or didn't care, its because that I was unaware of my alternate e-mail being that old. Now you can tell what a bad customer I am all day long, but when it comes to yahoo.com caring about their customers, its an absolute 0 interest in helping people out, seems that they don't care at all about peoples accounts. Their online help tools are outdated there are no ticket system, you cannot contact them or raise any issues, you can't even chat with any staff. In what world is yahoo.com living, is it 2004 there ? Every single online service has these help tools, and you are blaming the customers for being careless or lazy ? The only lesson I learned here is, do not trust anything that is yahoo. I suggest you get with the program yourselves, modern lives and the technology because outlook and google have left you already way behind! And thanks for obvious answers , I already knew about everything you all posted here, if there was no chance to recover my account, you should have said it straight away instead of reposting same threads for me to read all over again. Thanks for nothing. And keep on supporting the underdogs in e-mail service.