Modem/router troubles

Closed
Kwas - May 18, 2016 at 01:21 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 18, 2016 at 06:20 PM
Hello,

I was having some problems with my internet connection last night so I went to my router (it's a Belkin N Wireless Router) and tried to a simple it but I think I accidentally reset it to factory settings. When I tried to turn it back on, it would not connect to my modem at all.

So I started thinking it was a modem problem, and I plugged the modem's Ethernet cable directly into my laptop to see if I could access the internet that way, but it just says "Unidentified Network / No Network Access" when I hover over the icon in the bottom right. All the lights on the modem are on, suggesting that it's connected and online. My laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad P500 running Windows 10.

I've been looking around for help on various forums and tried some troubleshooting but haven't had any success. Someone please help!

1 response

Okay so now I've got my computer to connect to to the Internet via a direct connection with the modem. My router still won't connect to the Internet when connected to the modem though. The LED icon for the modem on the front of the router just blinks orange whenever I turn it on.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 18, 2016 at 06:20 PM
I suspect the Router has died. They often only work for 3 or 4 years.