Firefox won't download, but IE will

Closed
Tex - Apr 23, 2009 at 06:33 PM
 r0ckstarferlife - Apr 23, 2009 at 07:05 PM
Hello,

Just had this happen in the last few days. Firefox will no longer download files anywhere on my PC. It acts as if it IS downloading the file, but it doesn't appear in my specified folder. So, I changed the location to my desktop, and it still doesn't work. I then changed the setting to prompt me every time, and tried saving in a variety of places, but it refuses to appear. It's as if the file goes to never-never land.

However, if I try to download the exact same file through IE, everything works as it should; the file appears exactly where I tell it to. Firefox just decided to stop working, which sucks because I much prefer it over IE. I've worked with Firefox for years and never had anything like this happen.

I cannot locate a fix for this anywhere, so maybe someone has a suggestion.

Thanks!
Related:

1 response

r0ckstarferlife
Apr 23, 2009 at 07:05 PM
ok this could be a problem with your anti virus or firewall perhaps because IE is supported by Micro$oft and firefox is not, make sure your firewall isnt blocking it, you should also try reinstalling Firefox, a stable version not a beta(incase it is) and for future problems you may want to put in more specs, like your OS, Your Antivirus/or special firewall! and dont put any add-ons on it right a way try downloading something,glad to help if i did