Wife's Old Dell

Closed
juicytimer Posts 1 Registration date Thursday June 9, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 9, 2016 - Jun 9, 2016 at 04:45 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 9, 2016 at 05:05 PM
My wife has an old dell from college and she wants to get old files from the computer but has forgotten the password. I have read the other threads about starting in safe mode and logging in with the administrator account or even the guest account, however, the administrator password was apparently changed because I tried leaving it blank and "password" as the passwords. I have also tried after presting CTRL + ALT + DEL twice and still, nothing. Also, there is no guest account access set up (unless I am missing something).

With that being said. There has to be a way into this computer without downloading some unknown program from the internet. Does anyone have any solutions or am I S.O.L.?
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jun 9, 2016 at 05:05 PM
Greetings,

We are terribly sorry but CCM cannot help you to recover your lost password, because you can’t prove that you are the legitimate owner. . Everyday computers are stolen, although you may be honest, we do not wish to help potential criminals.

The reasons are explained in this link:

https://ccm.net/faq/9201-why-ccm-doesn-t-recover-lost-passwords
Best regards