Is Dell Inspiron 6400 compatible with macOS?

Closed
civicdude - Jun 1, 2008 at 11:06 AM
 danny - Aug 21, 2010 at 10:11 AM
Hello,
Can you tell me whether Dell Inspiron 6400 is compatible with macOS please?
Related:

4 responses

@Ay-Z: wrong answer buddy. I'm running leopard RIGHT NOW on my dell inspiron 1525.
Actually, there was an entire company that put mac os x on NON MAC hardware and sold it. They got sued and were forced to shut down, but you can do it.

As far as knowing if the 6400 can do it or not, I don't know. My girlfriend has one, but it's got hardware issues (it's old and abused) already, so I'm not gonna try anything on it as it would be too hard to troubleshoot. I would say most likely that it could though.
I'm currently typing this from my Inspiron 6400 with Mac Os X Leopard on it ;)

It does work although i'm still trying to get the sound to work.

For the rest is works 100%
I'm also writing from iAtkos 10.5.5 successfully upgraded to 10.5.8. The sound did not work before but after applying AppleHDAPather and the reuired patch file now I have sound too.
Just google the ApplehdaPather and download the latest patcher application and there you can find a link for patches for different soundcards.
My problem is that i can't get a decent resolution on my Dell Inpiron 6400. So if there is anybody that can point me out to a solution please help.
Hello remco,

Can you please provide me the article that you followed to get mac os x on your dell inspiron 6400.

Thanks
I have a 6400 and I installed mac osx on it...everything seems to be working except my internet and sound..Ill try the sound thing but I cant get my wireless to work. anyone know where to get the proper drivers??

please and thank you
i put mac on my dell inspiron 6400 i just gotta find the drivers i installed snow lepord