Does Yahoo still use Security questions? How can I change them?

Closed
Jae Marie - Jun 30, 2016 at 08:52 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jul 1, 2016 at 05:54 AM
Hello,
I keep googling how to change my Yahoo mail security questions, but none of the websites seem to have updated info (seeing as the Password Reset section doesn't seem to exist), so do they even use security questions anymore? I keep getting hacked and I checked, whoever is doing it is doing so through the security question.

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Jul 1, 2016 at 05:54 AM
Hi

Step 1Navigate to the Yahoo website and sign in to your account.

Step 2Place your mouse cursor over your name at the top of the page and click “Account Info” from the pop-up menu.

Step 3Enter your Yahoo password again to verify your identity.

Step 4Click “Update password – reset info” in the “Sign-In and Security” section.

Step 5Click “Change Questions and Answers.”

Step 6Select a generic question from the “Security Question 1” drop-down field or choose “Create Your Own Question” to create your own security question. The question must be between five and 100 alphanumeric characters in length and is not case-sensitive.

Step 7Type your answer in the “Answer” field. Your answer must be between four and 32 alphanumeric characters and is not case-sensitive.

Step 8Repeat this process for the “Security Question 2” and “Answer” fields.

Step 9Click “Save” and then click “Done” to save your changes.