Folder in pendrive shows empty

Closed
Rohit - Jul 4, 2016 at 05:23 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Jul 6, 2016 at 11:11 AM
Hello,

I am using HP 64 GB pendrive and formated to fat 32 from exfat. when I insert this pendrive in any computer and copied filed to pendrive disappears when I click refresh or eject the pendrive

Under properties it does not show any used space

I tried several things without success including the following:

-Made sure “show hidden files” was selected under Folder Options
-Ran “attrib -h -r -s /s /d f:\*.*” in Command Prompt (it shows file not found g:\*.*)

I tried to reformat from the system to convert the pendrive to exfat. but it failed.

Now my pendrive not detecting.

Please help

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jul 6, 2016 at 11:11 AM
Hello Rohit,

Have you tried to access data using the Linux Live CD/USB. In the Ubuntu forum you can see the steps how to make a bootable flash. Once you have downloaded the .iso file, change the boot priority on the computer where the card is placed. It is done through the BIOS, and it must be set to boot from the USB ports and not the HDD. When booting the flash, you must click on TRY and not on install the OS.

Let me know if that helped.