I can open the pen drive but cannot open the files

Closed
justonly - Jul 5, 2016 at 08:46 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jul 7, 2016 at 03:41 AM
Hello!

please help.

my notebook can detect my flash drive / pen drive. i can see all my files in it. however when i try to open them (jpg, word, excel pdf etc) i cannot open and it says format is wrong or it has been corrupted.

please advice!!

thanks

Related:

2 responses

sam7689 Posts 15 Registration date Sunday June 26, 2016 Status Member Last seen July 6, 2016
Jul 6, 2016 at 02:33 AM
Could be due to hidden files?
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jul 6, 2016 at 02:46 AM
Hi Justonly,

Could you please open Disk Management and check the pendrive’s file format? Does it seem correct? Please test the device on another PC and while in Safe Mode. If you have important data on the pendrive, use some data recovery tool and try to save some information. Check the link below for some suggestions:
https://ccm.net/downloads/tools/file-management/

If you manage to save the data, format the USB drive and check again if it is working normally. If it is not, I suggest you to replace it.

Hope this helps

Hi! R2D2

i have look through disk management and everything seems fine. partition is healthy.

even when i open the pen drive. the files in it looks normal. word files are with the word logo, pdf file with pdf logo, excel file with excel logo etc etc.

i dont seem to understand why when i open on the files, it states wrong format/corrupted etc.
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155 > justonly
Jul 7, 2016 at 03:41 AM
Have you tried copying the files to your hard drive? Check if the problem will reappear. Test the pendrive on another PC. I would recommend you to update your anti virus software and do a complete scan. If you have backed up the information on the pendrive, open the Command Prompt and type the following command:
Chkdsk D: /r

Replace D with the drive’s drive letter.