Pendrive space not correct

Closed
samiha - Jul 10, 2016 at 03:03 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jul 11, 2016 at 04:50 AM
Hello,
i made my 32gb pendrive bootable last weak and after use i formatted it and it become FAT32 by default which i don't how and after that i filled it with with some program files of c and now since i want to remove those files, its showing folder empty and its not even formatting and now the size my 32gb pendrive showing is 64mb raw...
and i dont know what to do so plz it would be very kind of u people or professional or anyone having knowledge about this help me!!!!

Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,830
Jul 10, 2016 at 03:30 PM
it's possible you have bought a counterfeit drive. They are often sold by street vendors and use bogus controller programming to show a large size. After you reprogram it it shows the correct size. Nothing you can do.
dear sir,
so i need to reprogram this drive
and how am i going to that
i dont know anything about it
and also it was working correct from last 5-6 minths and moreover its not the first i made it bootable too..

please help
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jul 11, 2016 at 04:50 AM
Hi Samiha,

So right now you cannot access or use the pendrive? If the drive appears in RAW, that means that the PC cannot read its file format. Please check the device on another PC. Were you able to use the pendrive normally when you purchased it? Did it have the correct capacity?
Try opening the Command Prompt and using these commands:
Diskpart
List disk
Select disk n (n is the number of the drive)
Clean
Exit
Now open Disk Management and check if you can format the drive. If there is no result, I would recommend you to replace the drive. It may have been damaged.

Hope this helps