Macro to Copy Cells and Save multiple entries

Closed
campbell0822 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 19, 2016 Status Member Last seen July 20, 2016 - Jul 19, 2016 at 12:34 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 20, 2016 at 05:57 PM
Hello,
I am looking to create a macro (never done this before). Here is what I want it to do.

1) I have a master store name excel file (for example, call it Master Store Names) that is just a simple list of store names starting at A1 (Store 1) and going down (A2 = Store 2, A3 = Store 3, etc.).
2) I have another master excel workbook (with multiple sheets) that I want to populate specific cells with each store name (from Master Store Name file) AND then save as individual workbooks.
3) So, for instance, it will take the master excel workbook file, populate Sheet 1/cell B4 with Store 1, populate Sheet 3/cell D7 with Store 1, populate Sheet 4/cell E5 with Store 1, and then save it as a new file called "Store 1".
4) Then repeat the population/save with Store 2, then repeat again with Store 3, etc.
5) The end results will be, for example, the master Store Name file (unchanged), the master excel workbook (unchanged), and 10 new files that all have the correct Store Name in the correct cells, all individually saved with the correct Store Names as the file names.

I do this by hand (copy/paste) weekly to generate order forms that are identical (except with each store name for convenience), and this will save me a lot of headaches and time.

Thank you in advance!
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 19, 2016 at 06:34 PM
A Macro is recorded! Hit the record button and take a look at what is produced.
campbell0822 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 19, 2016 Status Member Last seen July 20, 2016
Jul 20, 2016 at 11:24 AM
What if my client list expands? I'll have to rerecord the macro, right? Or can I open the macro in VBA and edit the code to include more iterations?
Blocked Profile
Jul 20, 2016 at 05:57 PM
Yes, you may edit it. You can always make a NAMED RANGE, and upon ending the process, have the RANGE CELL VALUES change (re-initialize the RANGE value)! Do you know how to NAME a RANGE?

Very Simple Fix, although changing the Range will take a bit of manually coding, but once you get to that stage, we will help out! I promise!