Screen Won't Display Everything..

Closed
Ramal - Oct 5, 2016 at 03:23 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 6, 2016 at 04:13 AM
Hello,
I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series laptop with a 15.6" Touch Screen and Windows 10 and I've run into a problem. My screen won't display anything.. I've had it plugged into my TV via HDMI, but for some reason the backlight comes on and displays nothing. A friend of mine told me that I'd have to open device manager, disable my display, and enable it again. I disabled it, but that stopped the screen from displaying even to my TV. I assume I'd need to factory reset my laptop at this point due to it not displaying anything anymore. How can I factory reset my laptop without using the screen?

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 6, 2016 at 04:13 AM
Hi Ramal,

Are you able to see the manufacturer logo and the startup screens when you press the power button? Those are not Windows dependent and disabling Display must not affect them. If you cannot see startup screen and it is not displayed on an external monitor or a TV, there may be a hardware issue with the laptop. Usually, the Dell restore screen can be accessed with CTRL + F11, but you need the display to navigate. If the PC is under warranty, I suggest you to contact the seller. If not, get some assistance from a technician.

Hope this helps