Toshiba Laptop Stuck on Start Up Screen Cursor

Closed
parksooyoung Posts 2 Registration date Thursday October 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 21, 2016 - Oct 20, 2016 at 09:20 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 24, 2016 at 09:05 AM
Just started having this problem three hours ago. My laptop's battery died and shut off while I was working. I plugged the charger in and turned it back on (wasn't planning on continuing to use it while it was charging, I'm really paranoid with leaving my laptop off for a long time because I feel like it won't start ever again) Anyway, I turn it on, I get the Toshiba Leading Yadda Yadda screen without the white spinning cursor dots then with the cursor dots but then after a while of that, the Toshiba logo disappears but the cursors stays there and it just keeps spinning. The screen is black or rather dark grey but the cursor is still there. It's not the Windows spinning cursor, it's the Toshiba spinning cursor. Don't know what to do now. I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-B5362 Intel Inside Core i3.
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 21, 2016 at 02:56 AM
Hi parksooyoung,

Could you check if it is possible to open the BIOS menu at startup? If it is not possible, there may be hardware issue with the PC. Disconnect battery and remove the power cable. Hold the power button for 20 seconds and reconnect the power cable. Try to boot again. Is the laptop under warranty? If it is, I would recommend you to contact the seller and ask for guidance.
If you have a Windows installation drive, try to boot from it. If it is possible, select the Repair option. It may fix booting errors without harming your data.

Hope this helps

parksooyoung Posts 2 Registration date Thursday October 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 21, 2016
Oct 21, 2016 at 06:12 AM
I don't know how to get bios to come up. I googled it and tried it but RTC battery is low just comes up and that's it. Tried the whole remove battery thing and it doesn't work. Laptop is not under warranty so I'm pretty much screwed.
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155 > parksooyoung Posts 2 Registration date Thursday October 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 21, 2016
Oct 24, 2016 at 09:05 AM
It seems that there may be an issue with your motherboard. Trying to change the battery was a really good idea and it is really nice that you have managed to change it. This thing can be really hard especially when it comes to laptops. I strongly recommend you to search a good technician and bring the laptop to him for some professional check. Sometimes those motherboard issues may be repairable.