Automatically transfer data to another tab via drop down

Closed
matilda - Oct 30, 2016 at 06:44 AM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Oct 30, 2016 at 11:38 PM
Hello,

I do not know much about excel I'm afraid and have been given a task at work but unfortunately am struggling big time - tried to google it and read through several websites with no success.

I have a spread sheet with lots of different projects on - I created a drop down menu where I can choose departments in which the projects fall into such as: accounts, finance, HR etc and also one called CLOSE.

As soon as I select close, I would like this project to automatically go to the second tab of the workbook called 'CLOSED'. That way all closed projects automatically go onto another tab.

Can someone please let me know if this is a) doable and b) how to do this, please note I am completely clueless when it comes to macros!

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to read this even!
Related:

1 response

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Oct 30, 2016 at 11:38 PM
Hello Matilda,

Have a look at the following thread started by Matt yesterday:-

https://ccm.net/forum/affich-934672-copying-pasting-data-in-next-available-row-in-same-worksheet

I believe that it is a similar scenario to yours and we could tweak the code a little to suit your needs and copy/paste the data to another sheet.

Let us know what you think.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.