Dell laptop not booting

Closed
Starck - Nov 3, 2016 at 04:18 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Nov 3, 2016 at 10:29 AM
Hello,
Pls my Inspiron 15 3000 series is not turning on at all. It happened before n I parked it some months later I inserted the battery and pressed the power button and it started working
I tried putting it off and then starting up again but it didn't come
Pls what should I do

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Nov 3, 2016 at 10:29 AM
Hello Starck,

You have done a good job with the battery testing but you could try resetting the BIOS. Have you done it? If not, please try do so by pulling out the CMOS battery. You must do that after you have pulled out the battery and the power cord of the laptop. Open the lid and localize the CMOS battery which lies next to the processor and it looks like a watch battery. If you have another CMOS battery, you can replace it with that. If you don't, leave your current battery aside and wait for some minutes for the electricity to discharge. Then, plug the CMOS battery back in and the power cord. Try to boot your laptop again.

Let me know if that helped you. Cheers.