I open an app on my DELL Laptop is makes a black screen

Closed
OG C LION - Nov 19, 2016 at 10:46 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Nov 21, 2016 at 03:55 AM
Hi everyone, every time I open an app on my laptop ex. (calculator, skype, music player, calendar, clocks, etc.) the app opens but does not load, my background turns black, (running apps still appear its just the background) then the app closes and the computer goes back to normal. This started happening randomly out of no where. The odd thing is I can still open Google Chrome, The runescape app, other services as well just not apps the came on the computer.

Thanks in advance
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 21, 2016 at 03:55 AM
Hi OG C LION,

Please restart the PC and load the OS in Safe Mode, by pressing F8 on startup. Check if the issue persists. If the black screen appears, you may need to use a system restore point from a time that the PC was responding normally. Please, check the link below for some more details about system restore:
https://ccm.net/faq/6693-system-restore-on-windows-7

I strongly recommend you to update your antivirus and do complete systems check. If restoring the OS does not solve the issue, you may need to reinstall Windows.

Hope this helps