PC won't boot in any mode /win7 installation dvd ] + BSODeath

Closed
Nadhem222 Posts 1 Registration date Monday November 21, 2016 Status Member Last seen November 21, 2016 - Nov 21, 2016 at 10:47 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Nov 22, 2016 at 03:44 AM
Hello everyone ,

So , one day I was watching a youtube video and suddenly the laptop froze. I restarted and got this error message "Error loading operating system" in the early boot stage [the Asus logo doesn't show up anymore , if this could be somehow useful].

So I tried to boot in every single mode on the Advanced Boot Options list , and I ended up everytime with an empty black screen and a useless mouse cursor on it.

I tried a windows 7 installation dvd too : after "windows loading files" and the windows loading bar , I ended up seeing the black screen again . [ ctrl del didn't work , nothing did.]

So I immediately thought about the hard drive problem / damage possibility . But when I tried to boot to a live linux cd (Knoppix 7.2 ) ,it worked properly.

This is so confusing lol , your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 21, 2016 at 01:49 PM
so if it boots using a Linux Live CD your problem is is most likely the hard disk. Since the Linux boot only used the CD and the memory.

Good Luck
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 22, 2016 at 03:44 AM
Hi Nadhem,

You have done good job trying to solve the issue. Using a Linux Live CD was a great idea and you proved that the hardware is running fine. While booting from the live CD, were you able to access your data, open some files, copy them, etc? In general, the Live CD ignores the hard drive as a booting option, as xpcman said. If you are able to boot successfully from a Live CD, that does not mean that the hard drive is in a good condition. Please, use the opportunity and backup all important data. I would check with another Windows installation drive too. The final step is to remove the hard drive and connect it in a desktop PC. Download the drive manufacturer’s diagnostics tool and check the drive for errors. Keep in mind that opening your PC may void it’s warranty.

Hope this helps