My laptop screen turned black after system repairs

Closed
queentitty2002 - Nov 22, 2016 at 02:26 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Nov 23, 2016 at 03:24 AM
Hello,

Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Firstly, the issues arises when the system was not loading to my desktop. Once I entered my user name and password on the login page, it will goes back to restarting windows and never load up the desktop.

I therefore, did system repairs on it, but my screen turned black and never came up after the repairs while the laptop is still working.

I want to know what could be the cause? And solution therein.
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 23, 2016 at 03:24 AM
Hi queentitty2002,

Trying system repair was a good decision. It is hard to tell what happened and what caused the black screen. Are you able to access the BIOS menu and navigate normally in it? If you are able to access it, it is highly possible that the issue is Windows related. In that case, the best thing to do is to reinstall the OS. Do you have important data stored in your primary partition?
If you cannot access BIOS and after pressing the power button you only get a black screen, you should try using an external monitor. The issue persists? If so, there may be a hardware issue and you should contact a technician.

Hope this helps