Mobile connected to the modem but no internet connection

Closed
SHARATH - Nov 25, 2016 at 03:13 AM
 RoselynSoffer - Nov 25, 2016 at 06:02 AM
i am using a BSNL modem(teracom)..i am able to connect my modem to my laptop for network usage..Although i could connect my android mobile phone to the modem,it still remains-no internet connection..i request somebody to answer my question as soon as possible to overcome my difficulties.

1 response

RoselynSoffer
Nov 25, 2016 at 06:02 AM
Method 1 - Change WiFi Setting

Step1: Navigate to Settings > Wifi > Long select on your Wifi Network to see Modify Network Option

Step2: Select Modify Network option

Step3: Enter password

Step4: Check Show Advance option

Step5: Scroll down to view advance options which must be available by now.

Step6: Change IP Settings from DHCP to Static

IP Address : Most probably your Gateway address will be 192.168.1.1 change your IP Address my changing last digit in this address use any value preferably between 2 to 20.

Change DNS1 to 8.8.8.8

Change DNS2 to 8.8.4.4

Step7: Save these settings.

Step8: Login into your wifi network if required, you device should be able to connect to internet by now.

Method 2: Reset Router and Wifi Network

Step1: Navigate to Settings > Wifi > Long select on your Wifi Network to see Forget Network Option

Step2: Select Forget Network

Step3: Switch off your router and wait for 10-15 seconds before restarting it.

Step4: Restart your Wifi router

Step5: Reboot your phone

Step6: Search for your Wifi Network in available Network lists.

Step7: Connect to your network and check if device is connected to internet or not.

Step8: If you are connected to internet by now then you are done else perform Step 2 to Step 8 from Method 1.

Method 3

Update your phone and Router date and time to match internet provider date and time to check if all three are in Sync.

Method 4

If none of above method works than download any Wifi issue Fixing application such as WiFi Fixer. This application will analyze and resolve issues if your device is connected to wifi but not able to connect to internet.

Hope one of these method works for you to resolve this issue. Let us know if these methods doesn't work for you thru comment section below or by visiting contact us page.

Method 5: (Reader Suggested)

As suggested by our reader Mr. Abhilash in comments you can try following steps too.

Open your wireless router's settings page from any web browser.
open wireless section , in there change wireless mode to 802.11b or 802.11g, but not to 802.11b+g+n then you can connect easily even with dynamic ip settings in your android phone.