Screen is completely black

Closed
Sarseda Maluba - Updated by Ambucias on 10/12/16 at 04:51 PM
Sarsi1 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday December 10, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 10, 2016 - Dec 10, 2016 at 07:20 PM
Hello,

I have this problem with my laptop for a month now, my laptop is HP intel core i3 windows 7. Before this problem occurs i reformat the laptop and intalled windows 8 instead. It works fine until the windows keep on updating but the updates were not successful and while I'm using the laptop it suddenly went black and nothing displayed on the monitor.

I don't know how to solve it that's why i had to shut it down forcefully. I brought the laptop to local technician and he said the problem is video card. But my mistake, i trusted him and let him fix the problem without consulting] if he really replaced the damage video card. Well don't blame me i was just happy to see my laptop working again. After i had it repaired, i didn't use the laptop for a week coz i was busy that time. When i had to use it again there it is again after few hours of using it, the problem is back! When i had to shut it down the windows was displayed until the screen turns black even i didn't tick the shutdown down button yet. I cried coz i pay 2,000 pesos for nothing. Now, i can't use it any more
Related:

4 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Dec 10, 2016 at 04:52 PM
Hello

Try resetting to factory reset.
Sarsi1 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday December 10, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 10, 2016
Dec 10, 2016 at 06:26 PM
Thank you for the response, but i don't know how to reset it back to its factory settings since nothing will display on the screen.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Dec 10, 2016 at 06:54 PM
You may access HP Recovery Manager at any time by restarting the computer and pressing F11 repeatedly before the Windows logo screen appears.
On the System Recovery panel, click Next.
PC Recovery will display "Backing up user data and settings."
PC Recovery will begin recovering Windows and application files.
PC Recovery will begin recovering user data and settings.
Upon completion, PC Recovery will display "The PC Recovery was successfully completed. Click restart to restart your PC or click Turn Off to turn off the PC. Click Restart.

Good luck
Sarsi1 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday December 10, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 10, 2016
Dec 10, 2016 at 07:20 PM
Thank you, I did it now but it doesn't work on my laptop.