Headphones, buzzing noise, not appearing in sound devices

Closed
Danricko Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday December 27, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 21, 2017 - Dec 27, 2016 at 06:01 AM
Danricko Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday December 27, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 21, 2017 - Jan 21, 2017 at 10:16 AM
Hi,
Here´s my problem:
When I plug in my headphones to my computer (windows 10, acer predator 17 laptop) I always hear a buzzing noise, time to time also beeping. I do hear everything that i want to play (music, games etc.) but that weird sound is always there in the background. How high the volume is set doesnt effect that weird noise either, I can hear it when the sound is turned off. I have also tried to remove the mouse, adapter etc but with no result.
I have also noticed that I hear it more the better the headphones are. I can almost not hear when I test it with my apple earpods but its really annoying when i have a gaming headset.
Another problem is that the headphones arent appearing in the sound device menu, I think I have updated the driver for everything but with no result.
Please help! What should I do???
//Daniel
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Dec 27, 2016 at 08:55 AM
It sounds as though you have a short, or a loose wire, which is causing interference with the headset. These are typically physical problems, that cannot be corrected without repairing the connection, or the device. A wrong drive would not create a buzz or a hum, a wrong driver wold cause NO Sound!
Danricko Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday December 27, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 21, 2017
Dec 27, 2016 at 08:59 AM
So there is nothing that I can do about it?
Blocked Profile
Dec 27, 2016 at 09:00 AM
You can clean out the port with canned air after turning it off. You could take it apart and see if there is a broken or loose wire! Try another pair of headphones, and see if you get the same noise. If you do with another set of headphones, then it is definitely the PC, and not the headphones!
Danricko Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday December 27, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 21, 2017
Dec 27, 2016 at 09:02 AM
ok, its the same with any headset. can try to clean it a bit, but will propably leave it for a while. It isn´t such a big of problem, it´s just annoying.
Blocked Profile
Dec 27, 2016 at 09:05 AM
Understand. You may also isolate issue away by seeing if it goes away if it is connected to the AC and wall power. If it does go away, you have an open ground!
Danricko Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday December 27, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 21, 2017 > Blocked Profile
Jan 21, 2017 at 10:16 AM
Hi again, I just came up with an idea, do you think it would work if I used headphones that I just connected with bluetooth to the computer?