My laptop is not showing display after the Dell logo appears it

Closed
Prithvi - Jan 8, 2017 at 03:56 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Jan 9, 2017 at 12:47 PM
Hello,

My laptop is not showing display after the Dell logo
Windows 10
Dell 5555
AMD 10
And I have probably deleted all the drivers...Please help
***@***
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jan 9, 2017 at 12:47 PM
Hello Prithvi,

Can you tell me, what happened prior to this error? Were there any power outages in your area or was the PC properly shut off? I am asking you this, because it seems like there is a corruption of a system register which needs to be repaired.
Do you have a Windows repair or installation CD? If you do, it would be great, because you will need to boot from it. If there is a need to change the boot priority before starting the procedure, please do so. You can do that by entering in the BIOS menu and switching from HDD to DVD/CD /optical device/.
Then, insert the Windows CD and chose the option for the Command prompt. There you must type the following commands followed by the Enter after each of them:

bootrec.exe
/fixmbr
/fixboot
/rebuildbcd
/scanos

After that, press Enter and wait for your system to be repaired. Please, come and tell me what happened afterwards.

Good luck!