My laptop got switched off all of sudden and now it's not gettin

Closed
Shubham - Jan 8, 2017 at 06:32 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Jan 10, 2017 at 04:03 AM
Hello,
I'm facing a problem with my Dell vostro 2420. In the beginning my laptop used to get switched off all of a sudden this happened many times but now my laptop is not getting on at all . I have some important files in it and I can't reset my laptop .What should I do ?

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jan 10, 2017 at 04:03 AM
Hello Shubham,

Since the files are the most important things to you, my idea is to take out the drive and to connect it to another PC in order to try to get the data. Please, do that only if the warranty of your laptop has already expired otherwise you would lose the warranty.
You can use a SATA-USB cable /called adaptor/ or put the drive in an external case. While connected to the USB port on another PC, try to access the data. If you can't, you have to bring the drive to a professional data recovery company to extract what they can.

Cheers.