Connecting Router to a switch and Lan

Closed
Odus - May 14, 2009 at 03:48 AM
asustop Posts 5 Registration date Saturday October 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009 - May 14, 2009 at 06:18 AM
Hello,
Morning,
I have a wireless broadband router linksys 2.4ghz. I connect a switch to the router and i connect a hub to the switch. The hub is placed 100 meters form the switch. The problem i had is that there is no data transfer between the switch and the hub. the computer on the hub side complain of limited connectivity.
I have tried the following to solve the problems:
1. I tested the RJ45 Cable to see the continuity of the cable which is satisfied okay.
2. I ping the return loop of the cable using 127.0.0.1 the returns loop also work well.
but the problem still persisted.
My Modem use a dhcp automatic configuration and my router also was set to automatic configuration.
I was able to browse when I used the modem connected to the router and from the router to my personal system just 1 meter apart.
Pls i need someone who will guide me step by step how to get my lan working with the switch.

Thanks.
Related:

1 response

asustop Posts 5 Registration date Saturday October 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009 6
May 14, 2009 at 06:18 AM
hi,
this is because the cable is too long.
this phenomenon is called attenuation.
you should reduce the distance or try to use relays.