Screen is turning black

Closed
Justin - Updated by Ambucias on 2/02/17 at 04:41 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Feb 3, 2017 at 08:42 AM
Hello,

About a month or two ago my computer would start to turn itself off as I would load a new browser/game just anything. As soon as a new window would load or launch my PC would force shut down making me turn it back on. The first few times I thought very little about it and than it kept happening so it really started to bother me.

I asked my brother to assist as me knows little About computers (at leastt more than I do) he did some things with my settings too make it use less power and it seemed to help for a while, after about 3 days when everything seemed to be fine I went too turn my computer on one morning to have it turn itself off and the power button remained on, I had to manually unplug it and plug it back in for the light too turn off & it does the about 3-4 times before initially actually turning on. I left it like this for a month or so.

Yesterday as I was playing a game of Cs;GO I went to the washroom to come back to see hundreds of pixels exposed all over my screen so I turned it off right away, cleaned out my computer and even am using a new cord to plug it in as I thought maybe that would be it.. Now my screen is turning black and I can't get it to go back to normal without restarting my whole PC.. PLEASE HELP

Related:

2 responses

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Feb 2, 2017 at 06:53 AM
Hi Justin,

This is a desktop PC, right? Basically, now your PC does not turn on properly. After pressing the power button, you get a black screen, right? Do you hear al the typical booting noises? Can you hear the initial beeping sound?
I would suggest you to disconnect all the hardware and clean the ports. If the issue persists, try using another power supply unit. If the hardware is not getting enough power, you will not be able to go past that black screen.
Seek assistance from a technician. They usually have some spare parts and are able to check different builds before finding out which part fails.

Hope this helps

Hello, yes it's a desktop PC and no it doesn't go black right away, Ivan be using it for up to an hour or two now and it'll go black if unattended so far I've noticed, and after posting this thread I was watching a video to have my PC shut itself off. I am having a technician look at it soon just thought I'd ask the internet first =) Keep in mind that it takes about 3-4 attempts of turning on, it will load my CyberpowerPC logo, get past the initial boot up screen (black screen white text) and will usually shut itself off once hitting the windows logo.. Takes about 3-4 goes of unplugging it and plugging it back in, for it to now only work for about a hour or two.
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Feb 3, 2017 at 08:42 AM
This sounds like a power supply issue. If the PSU is not working normally, it may not be providing enough energy in order to use the computer normally. It is a good thing that you will discuss this with a technician. A faulty PSU may cause a lot of trouble to other hardware. I would also check the PC temperature while the PC is running.