Pc turns on black

Closed
Shuumi - Feb 5, 2017 at 06:21 PM
Shuumi Posts 4 Registration date Sunday February 5, 2017 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2017 - Feb 6, 2017 at 08:01 AM
Hello,
while playing a game my display went white at once. After trying to alt+tab out of the game it turned black and did not change after that.
I turned off my PC and turned it on again. First, it turned on up to a blue screen saying: "Your PC ran into a problem and needs [...] What Failed: atikmpeg.sys". It restarted and came to the same screen about 3 or 4 times after which i just turned off the PC once again.
After turning it on again it turned on black on the Startup screen and green on the Windows Loading Screen. The Windows desktop itself was black but worked (i could shut it down via command prompt with shutdown -s).
After starting it again it turned on completely black, the display turned on and off as it should while startup (Turned on while on Startup screen, faded off after that and went on again on the windows loading screen and so on).
This happens now every time i start it. I reinstalled the Windows, turned off the power and got rid of all the remaining current also i reseted BIOS to default.
Now, on this newly installed pc I have no atikmpeg.sys in System32 so it can not cause any problems anymore. The PC worked also after 1st instalation without that file too.
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Feb 6, 2017 at 04:07 AM
Hi Shuumi,

Is the computer working normally right now? The issue may be video card related. Please make sure you have all the latest drivers installed. If the issue persists, uninstall the video card and install the previous stable version of the drivers. You have done pretty good job trying to solve the issue. If changing the drivers does not change the situation, there may be a hardware problem. Is the card under warranty?

Hope this helps

Shuumi Posts 4 Registration date Sunday February 5, 2017 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2017
Updated by Shuumi on 6/02/17 at 05:43 AM
The PC works fine while on integrated GPU.
Sadly i am not a PC master and can not uninstall and install anything while having a black screen so this option is out of my reach. I have a new OS so i have uninstalled the old drivers. The new ones will not install without connecting the GPU to the PC, so i can not do that, but thank you for your try, if you have any other ideas, I will gladly try them out.
The GPU is thankfully not even 1 month old, so it is under warranty.
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155 > Shuumi Posts 4 Registration date Sunday February 5, 2017 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2017
Feb 6, 2017 at 05:49 AM
If the PC runs normally while using the integrated video, most probably you may need to contact the seller and ask for a video card replacement. When you connect the graphic card, you have no problems accessing the BIOS menu, right? Are there any strange noises coming from the PC? Are the cards cooling fans running (if any)?
Unfortunately, similar problems can appear even with brand new hardware. It is very important how are the components being stored and transported before sold to the clients.
Shuumi Posts 4 Registration date Sunday February 5, 2017 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2017 > R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017  
Feb 6, 2017 at 08:01 AM
I can not use bios with my Video Card, the screen is always black except sometimes on windows loading screen it's green. I already contacted the seller they will check it out and contact me back whether it's working.
I see you also have no good idea of how to fix it, so i suppose it's really broken and hope i don't have to bring the whole tower to the seller.
Thank you anyway for the kind words about my work put into repairing this and for all your attempts on fixing that aswell! I really appreciate it!