My computer turns on for about a minute then turns off

[Closed]
-
 Blocked Profile -
Hello,
So, I recently changed my motherboard because the old one was faulty. The PC started up, the monitor turned on, and then flat bang, every time it turned off about a minute in.

I have exchanged the fan and I believe that the PSU wattage is correct. Although the CPU was bloody hot when I took it out. Everything is plugged in correctly but it may just be a case of overheating.

I have also tried using only 1 RAM card which made it run for about 2 seconds longer than normal

Please help

2 replies

If it boots, gets to a desktop, then slams shut with no halts, it is thermal related.!
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2821 users have said thank you to us this month

Well... clearly. Have you checked your Heat Sink?

Did you put thermal Paste on the CPU when you installed into the socket?

I believe that I did. Which as most people would think would keep the CPU temperatures stable for me it nearly burnt my hand while I was taking it out. I feel there may be a problem with the actual cpu and I am gonna try a different one
Blocked Profile
It is the CPU fan then, if it is burning your hand. Get a bigger radiator/fan combo!
> Blocked Profile
I did that but now my pc is blue screening it turns on and runs. Blue screens twice then shuts off like before I believe I have a new problem on my hands now
Blocked Profile
If it is blue screening, then the OS is having issues, possibly. Can you run that disk through a CHKDSK behind another OS?