Pen Drive Not Showing Folder

Closed
avinash - Mar 22, 2017 at 08:07 AM
Promomilia Posts 68 Registration date Monday February 6, 2017 Status Contributor Last seen May 19, 2017 - Mar 27, 2017 at 06:42 AM
Hello,

Dear Team,

I have sand disk pen drive and yesterday i taken 6 GB photos in that but now i can not view the folder at all.

Total memory of pendrive is 8 GB and screen shows availabe date 2GB

Can you please advise me what to do
Related:

2 responses

Promomilia Posts 68 Registration date Monday February 6, 2017 Status Contributor Last seen May 19, 2017 12
Mar 23, 2017 at 03:04 AM
Method: 1

1. Connect the USB pen drive or flash drive to PC.
2. Open Windows Explorer > Go to Tools > Folder Options > Go to View Tab > Check “Show Hidden Files”
3. Once you have done that you need to Open Command Prompt (cmd).
4. Open Start Menu, type “cmd” and press Enter.
5. Type the following commands into the text box. Yu need to replace “K” with the drive letter and then press Enter.
attrib -h -r -s /s /d k:\*.*

Method: 2

If the above steps failed to help, then try to retrieve your data with EaseUS disk data recovery, a popular third-party data recovery software. It performs well to recover shortcut files or hidden files from USB pen drive or flash drive. Here, if pen drive data not showing due to virus, your should first scan your USB device for viruses removes the virus.

1. Connect USB pen drive or flash drive to PC, launch EaseUS data recovery software, select the device and click "Scan" button to search all your files.

2. After the scan, you can preview all the listed recoverable files and select out those you want, and then click "Recover" button to get them back from the pen drive. Here you should save all the recovered files on another disk to avoid data overwriting.
Promomilia Posts 68 Registration date Monday February 6, 2017 Status Contributor Last seen May 19, 2017 12
Mar 27, 2017 at 06:42 AM
While in DOS did you do a dir on the drive ? Then CD on those directories and dir to see what sub directories exist ?
also:
SAFE MODE WITH COMMAND PROMPT ( well it is not necessary but you should ), goto command prompt and write these commands.

1. dir/ah ( list all hidden file/dir )
2. attrib -h -s -r -a *.* ( will make all of your file/dir visible )

Go and find all your file/directories using Windows Explorer, copy wherever you want.